Restaurant Profits Privacy and Spam Policy
Welcome to our website. This website is owned and operated by B and HT No 1 Pty Ltd as trustee for Australian Restaurant Marketing Systems Trust, trading as Restaurant Profits, its successors and assignees (we or us). It is available at: www.restaurantprofits.com.au (Site) and may be available through other addresses or channels.
This Privacy and Spam Policy (Policy) sets out our commitment to protecting the privacy of your personal information that we collect through the Site or directly from you, and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) (Spam Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Please read the Policy carefully. Please contact us if you have any questions, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You providing us with personal information indicates that you have had sufficient opportunity to access the Policy and that you have read and accept it.
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services we offer.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information:The type of information we collect may include:
- Restaurants: business name, business address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email, fax number, and payment details including bank account for direct debit, or credit card details.
- Individuals: name, date of birth, address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email, fax number, your partner’s and significant people’s name and contact details, and significant dates including wedding anniversary and partner’s date of birth..
Third party information: You may only provide personal information about a third party, e.g. a partner, employee or significant other, if the third party specifically consents.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and may use the information for purposes including:
- for internal record keeping;
- identifying and understanding user needs;
- to contact and communicate with you, on behalf of Restaurant Profits, including by commercial electronic messages including email; short message service (SMS); multimedia message service (MMS); and instant messaging (iM);
- for market research, business development and marketing including direct marketing on behalf of Restaurant Profits;
- to customise, improve and ensure proper functioning of our Site and business and our restaurant customers’ websites and businesses;
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
- to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting.
You consent to us collecting and using your personal information as set out in this Policy.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information:
- for the purpose of providing services to you;
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law;
- to third party service providers who assist us in providing information, products or services to you; and
- to overseas parties, if any of the parties set out above are overseas.
We utilise third party services to send marketing information. We may use third party services and programs based in Australia, The Philippines and/or the United States of America.
We only disclose personal information to third parties who comply, or have agreed to comply, with the standards in our Policy.
We do not disclose information about our customer’s customers to our other customers.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
You consent to us disclosing your personal information as set out in this Policy.
Choice and Consent: Providing personal information to us, or to a restaurant that requests personal information, is optional to you. You can choose not to provide personal information. When you provide us with your personal information, or you provide personal information to a restaurant who provides it to us, then you consent to the terms outlined in this Policy.
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting the restaurant who you provided it to using their contact details, or us at the email address listed in this Policy.
Access: You have the right to request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction and Unsubscribing: You have the right to correct personal information that we hold about you, including information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. You have the right to unsubscribe from our e-mail database, and/or opt out of any communications.
You can do so in the following ways:
1. Log on to our Site to correct personal information and/or to unsubscribe people from further direct marketing. Please contact us if you need to create your user name and password to log in;
2. Contact us directly or at email@example.com, with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line of the e-mail, to unsubscribe; and/or
3. Follow the information in each direct marketing communication from us, on how to unsubscribe.
1. Contact us directly or at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line of the e-mail, to unsubscribe; and/or
2. Follow the information in each direct marketing communication from us, on how to unsubscribe.
We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us at the email address listed at the start of the Policy, setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing within 4 weeks, setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Cookies & Web Beacons
Cookies are used to understand Site usage and to improve the content and offerings on the Site. For example, to personalise an experience at a web page (e.g., to recognise you by name when you return to the Site), and save your password in password-protected areas.
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Storage and Security
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information collected from you is accurate, up to date, complete and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised personnel.
We store personal information in files both in material and electronic form at our premises or at secure archive storage facilities. We have put in place physical and electronic procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Personal information is stored in password protected databases. We use 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology. Login and session handling is built in to the application. The file storage and database are backed up on a regular basis. Pages that deal with a user’s account recheck for a valid login upon loading, destroy the session and redirect to require a new login, if no valid login is found. If we are aware of a breach of security, we will notify affected users and we will cooperate with authorities regarding the breach.
No information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk. Although we take measures to safeguard against unauthorised disclosures of information, we cannot assure you that personally identifiable information that we collect will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy.
Links to other websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites of interest. We do not have any control over those websites. We are not responsible for or liable for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and such websites are not governed by this Policy.
This Policy may be amended, including with changes, additions and deletions, from time to time in our sole discretion. Your continued use of our Site following any amendments indicates that you accept the amendments. You should check the Policy regularly, prior to providing personal information, to ensure you are aware of any changes, and only proceed to provide personal information if you accept the new Policy.
For questions and notices, please contact us at
PO Box 14 Ourimbah
Phone: 02 4362 2468
Get Access to our Free Selling at the Table video tips
Just enter your email in the form on the right to instantly get access to the video tips now (available for a limited time only)
We value your privacy and would never spam you